Thursday, December 6, 2007

At last, a day where I have nothing to do...

Finals have begun, and the worst of them are over. Yesterday I had the AI final; a presentation and a paper due. The paper turned out well, the presentation was unimpressive. In the end, I think I aced the class; strong grades throughout the year and especially so towards the end, plus a solid final. Monday is the exam for Discrete, Tuesday my game for Practicum is due, and Wednesday I get to see the Robotics students show off their final products. Today, I'm not going to do a damned thing.

I got Personal 3 for my birthday. It's... interesting. I've got some severely mixed feelings about it. When I finish, I'll probably post a full review of the game here. Once I'm done with my general bullshitting on the internets, I'll probably get back to playing that.

I've been informed that I wasn't a very good robotics TA this semester. My professor gave me some bluntly honest criticisms about how I went about things, and it was exactly the kind of honesty I need so badly and so rarely get. Apparently, my loud voice combined with my large stature makes me a rather intimidating figure. I never knew! I use a few too many profanities in class, primarily because I thought of this class as being with peers, not me teaching students. It was supposed to be the latter. No one EVER tells me these things! This is exactly the kind of thing that would STOP if people would just tell me I'm doing them. It was an interesting conversation, and it's certainly going to change the way I go about things in the future. He's got another project in mind for me next semester that's going to be more fun anyway, so in the end everything's okay.

No comments: